Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Logitech becomes logi, say wha?

It's one of those strange things that make one wonder.  Apparently Logitech is changing its name to logi, with lower case.  I guess being in tech is not cool anymore.  Again, just like Apple dropped computer from its name, this is probably the same reason.  It's likely that Logitech, excuse me, logi, wants to branch to other areas besides the usual peripheral space that's associated with computers or remotes.

According to the press release, Logitech name will remain for technology stuff related items like keyboard and mouse, at least for now.  I think in the future, they will move everything over to logi despite what they say now.  It is easier to maintain one brand and slowly let the old one ride to the sunset.  For the sake of sanity, I will continue to use Logitech interchangeably with logi.  However, I will try to change over to logi whenever I remember, but I am sure I will slip here and there.  Anyway, interesting, but ultimately, it's just corporate re-branding for whatever its worth.


No comments:

Post a Comment