Thursday, December 10, 2015

Special Topre Realforce keyboards up for pre-order

I kind of stopped posting about sales and specials because there are so many and other folks do much superior jobs than I would.  However, this one is rather unique not to say anything.  Mechanicalkeyboards.com is offering Ducky Channel's 104-UB DK Realforce keyboard for pre-order.  The keyboards probably won't ship until late January of 2016 at the earliest.  So, I think they are trying to gauge the volume.

In any case, their offering is rather unusual.  Ducky Channel also happens to be one of Topre's distributors as I have posted before.  However, Ducky doesn't just sell the board, they seems to like to offer something that's different from the mainstay just to make things interesting.  This is one of the reasons that I really do appreciate Ducky Channel. They are just so eccentric sometimes.  Anyway, the 104UB from Ducky comes with 2 different flavors.  One with uniform 45g weights and another with 30g.  First, there's an ANSI version of a 104 keys Realforce with uniform 30g, but it is extremely difficult to find outside of Japan.  Thus, this is definitely a rare bird, err...  I mean duck.  For 45g version, there are a few more options, but again, they are difficult to source outside of Japan, Korea or Taiwan.  So, if you are itching to get your hands on one of 104 keys Topre keyboards with uniform weights in the West, this is indeed a good opportunity.

1/4/16 Update:  Looks like they are in stock.  So, I was wrong about the late January date.  It showed up in the online-store early.  What a pleasant surprise.  I like being wrong in this instance then.  :)

1/6/16 Update:  How could I miss this...  According to the SKU, these two keyboards are the silenced (purple cap, not black) version.  I think this is the only ANSI 104 version with silenced Topre switches that I am aware of.  So, this wasn't just a rerun of XF11R0 (104UB-DK), but new models with silenced switches, XF31RS and XF01RS (104UB-DK30S and 104UB-DK45S).  This just keep getting better and better....

No comments:

Post a Comment