Friday, July 10, 2015

Ducky Legend impression, part 2

After playing with the LED lighting features for a while, I settled on the all lights on in about the middle setting.  This way, I can enjoy the lights and it won't be distracting me from actual typing.  The media control keys are also regular MX keys, so it's nice that way rather than just flat buttons or via Fn keys to activate.  I really like having the dedicated calculator key back.  Aside from the media control keys on the MS Natural Ergo 4K, I used the calculator keys quite often.  So, I am glad to see it back on the Ducky Legend.  Oh, the LEDs do double duty as num lock/caps lock indicators.  So, even with all the LEDs turned on, the caps lock key is not lit unless caps lock is activated.  The same thing goes for num lock and scroll lock.  Not a issue, just an observation.  The Cherry MX blue switches are well behaved on this keyboard superstructure.  The platform is well designed and stable.  I have not encounter stability issues that I had with some other keyboards.

Overall, it's a joy to type on this keyboard.  I would certainly recommend anyone to check out Ducky Channel's products if one is looking for Cherry MX based switches keyboard.  I think I am more of the Premier's target audience, but I certainly enjoy the extra piazzas that Legend brings to the table.  Even if I don't use the LED lighting features much, it's a solid, wonderful keyboard that I really enjoy using.  This one is a winner.  So, which one comes on top really depending on one's preference.  I love both Metadot's or Ducky Channel's current product offerings.  Each company has a strong design language and good engineering qualities.   It's good a time to be in the market for a mechanical keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment