Monday, August 3, 2015

Uniform weighted Topre Realforce 104UG with raised keys impression

Ok, now it's the 45g’s turn this round.  With the raised key or high keys, the typing experience is very different.  It’s uniform weighted, but the each keys in the home row are shaped slightly different, so one can just by touch know where the keys are.  It’s a very interesting idea.  I still make a few more mistakes because I still bump the keys by accident, but it’s much better now compared to the ergo weighted keys.  I think my velocity is still a bit constricted, but it’s because of the new keyboard shape rather then key action.  So, I will have to take some time to get used to this keyboard.  So far, my impression is very positive, but so was the  first time with the Topre switch.  I think with this shaped keys, I am still making more mistakes than the uniformed 55g, because the keys are still lighter than what I expected.  So, my problem with it still sort of remains.  Again, maybe over time, I will begin to know the keys by feel, so I don’t need to bottom out as much as I have been.  This is still a touch typist keyboard where as the 55g is more the traditional kind of keyboard.  The travel needed is still not as deep than I have anticipated.  However, it’s not as bad as the last Topre keyboard, which was infuriating.  I really had trouble with that one.

Better, but I will need more time to know if this will eventually work or not.  Time will tell.  Every time, I try to type time, I hit the k key by accident more.  Let’s see what happens again.  Time, time, netime, time, time, tikme, time…  A couple or errors right there....  Anyhow, more testing is needed.  Also, this keyboard sounds different than the rest.  I wonder if it's because of the raised keys or not.  Curious tho.  Needlessly to say, my impression of this keyboard is rather favorable at the moment.  Let's see if it holds up.

Topre Realforce 104UG (YK2100) is available from elitekeyboards.com and Amazon.com.  Handy links are listed below if you are looking to purchase one from Amazon.com to support this site.  Thanks!

Realforce 104UG "High-Profile" (Black/Gray)

No comments:

Post a Comment