Thursday, June 25, 2015

Chance encounter with a ThinkPad X120e

Ah, see I do try to seek out one of those famous ThinkPad to test out its keyboard.  Unfortunately, the only one I have access to thus far is the ThinkPad X120e.  It's one of those netbook+ laptop.  However, instead of a Lenovo netbook branding, it got the famous ThinkPad name instead.  So, I figure this one might feature one of the better keyboards around.

Because it's a netbook, the keyboard is about 90% of the regular size.  So, typing on it feels a little different because of the size change.  Subtle, but one will most definitely sense that space is a bit tight around the area.  The keys are sculpted like a spoon to prevent finger slippage instead of the usual flat Chiclets design on say a modern Macbook design.  It features the typical scissor switches with a few media control and system keys that are more like buttons than keys.  Since these are rarely used, there's nothing to worry about.  All in all, it didn't make any special impression on me.  It was pleasant to type on, but nothing stands out as it carries on its duties.  Strictly business,  I guess.  Maybe next time, I will see if I can try one of those famous T or the X ultrabook series keyboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment