Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Trying to get a long term Topre switches tryout

After using the Cherry MX blue switches for a while, I have come to the conclusion that it is a great switch, different from the Cherry MX brown which is my favorite thus far, but warrants a place as one of the everyday peripherals I enjoy using.  My use for Cherry MX blue switches based keyboard is more likely to be typing and writing where the brown switches based keyboard is based on a multi-usage machine.  Maybe a little game here and there.  So, the blue will be home based to a work computer or a laptop docking station somewhere.

Now, what am I suppose to do with the Topre keyboard that I seem to like as well?  Yes, the ergonomic weighted keyboard is really jarring when I switch from the Cherry uniform weighted keys system over to the variable weighted keyboard.  However, after a while, that difference slowly disappears.  I believe I like the Topre Realforce keyboard, I just don'w know what to make of it because it's so different from the Cherry MXs, yet kind of close to my trusty Natural Ergo 4K. So, I am trying to figure out a place where I can use it regularly as a long term test and tryout along with the MX brown and blues and see how it shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment