Thursday, June 11, 2015

Topre, topre, where did we go wrong?

I think for Topre switch keyboard to work for me, I will have to type more gently and more slowly.  If I try to go too fast, I will get typos rapidly.  It seems to move on its own pace, rather than it moving at my pace.  So, I will have to no only adapt to the feel of the switches, but the speed which I activate them.

Yes, this keyboard is magnificent, but I would venture to say that it's not magnificent enough for me to alter everything for it.  Th keyboard is supposed to work for me, not the other way around.  Yes, the Cherry MX blue was very annoying at first.  I will never forget that first encounter.  NO amount of watching YouTube or reading reviews did prepare me for the cacophony that blasted my ears.  Yes, I did adapt to it, and it did take me a while.  Thus, I am willing to give it a few more days and see how it goes.  I am pretty sure I am making more typos on a Topre board than other ones and I have a feeling that like the Matias tactile, I want to love it, but cannot for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment