Monday, June 15, 2015

Ambidextrous mouse search landed in...

I have been researching for a left-handed mouse or a ambidextrous mouse for use at work to relieve muscle strain on my right hand.  It was more difficult than I thought.  Somehow, I ended up deciding to try a Steel Series Sensei Raw Mouse.  This is a large mouse shaped like the old MS IntelliMouse Optical Mouse.   Yes, this is a gaming mouse with button customization.  Aside from the familiar shape, the ability to change button functions won me over since I need to map and assign buttons on the right side for web navigation.  Besides, I caught one on sale.  That's probably the only way I can afford these fancy gaming mice these days.  The refurb price is even better tho, often available from ncixus.com or amazon.com.

So, let's see how this one goes at work after I program the buttons to do back and forward on the right side of the mouse rather than on the left side.  I discovered they are usually described as button 3 and 4 rather than the functions they serve.  Interesting....


No comments:

Post a Comment