Saturday, June 6, 2015

Go-to brands for peripherals such as keyboard and mouse

For a long time, my go-to brands for peripherals such as mouse or keyboard have been Microsoft Hardware and Logitech.  I have been using a MS brand mouse for so long, I still remember the soap-bar mouse.  The introduction of the optical mouse was just sensational.  The first Natural Keyboard was just another icing on the cake.  Logitech is another company that I had a long history with since high school.  I always loved their sometimes off beat and somewhat radical designs.  My keyboard and mice/trackball combinations have almost always been one of theirs for decades.  So, it's no surprise that when I first looking to replace my old Natural Ergo 4K or now my Trackball Explorer, I looked at what MS or Logitech had first.  However, I have heard mechanical keyboards calling me this time and I began to explore other options.  I don't mind taking a look at other vendors, hence I have been testing and trying out various kinds of mechanical keyboards.  Looks like I will do the same with mouse this round.  My first priority is to find a good left-handed or ambidextrous mouse for my work machine.  I will likely limp along with the Trackball Explorer until it finally gives up functioning or until I cannot stand the random scrolling anymore, which ever is sooner....  Then, I will be looking for a right handed ergonomic mouse.

So, left-handed mouse....  The current crop of Logitech and MS mice are fine.  I was tempted again by MS' sculpted ergonomic mouse since its keyboard counterpart is rather impressive.  But, I am looking for a left-handed mouse right now.  Doh!  Again, same deal with Logitech.  I would love to try out the MX Master or its predecessor.  However, again, left-handed mouse.  I will make a note of it when I look for a right handed mouse, but not yet.  So, now the possibility are endless.  Let's try amazon.com and put in left-handed mouse and see what I get.  Here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment