Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Singing blues, I mean Cherry MX blues

After some extensive time with the Cherry MX blue switches keyboard on a keyboard design/platform that I like, I can honestly now say that I am beginning to enjoy working with on one.  Indeed, the tactile and sonic differences between the Cherry MX blue and brown switches are dramatic, but the difference distance is not like comparing a MX blue to a Topre since they do share a common design philosophy.  So, switching from a MX blue to a MX brown is less drastic than going to a Topre switch per se.

Now that I have adapted to how the blue ones work, I can safely say that I like them almost as much as the brown one.  I no longer have an aversion to the noise it makes and just accept it as part of the package, perhaps as part of its charm.  As I said before, I have a taste for tactile keyboards like how they were made back then and I am more willing to accept some of its flaws.  As it stands, brown is still my favorite MX switches thus far, but the blue with its distinct personality offers a different and compelling experience that is just as remarkable.  So, I look forward using the MX blue keyboard just as much as my MX brown keyboard.  It just elicits a different typing experience and that the preference is truly personal.  I like both.  Each has its place and is useful.

Maybe I should give the Matias tactile another run.  We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment