Saturday, June 13, 2015

Different mechanical keyboard brands and style

When I first began the research, my first encounter was the Das Keyboard by Metadot.  Since it's one of the grandpas when it comes to mechanical keyboards, it is not surprising.  Of course, the 800lbs gorillas are Corsair and CoolerMaster with their huge presence with the K series and the Rapid Fire series gaming keyboards respectively .  Since I don't game that much, I didn't really consider Corsair or CoolerMaster, but decided to go after the companies that cater more toward typists.

I am a longtime customer of Newegg.com, so one of my first mechanical keyboards I decided to try was the Rosewill RK-9000V2 made by CoStar with the Cherry MX blue switches.  It was on sale.....  Filco is considered the benchmark for Cherry MX based keyboards.  However, there are countless brands in Asia that I am less than qualified to talk about their products.  If one browses thru mechanicalkeyboard.com, one will discover that there are dozens of brands that are worth consideration.  There is one company that really stuck out to me however.  It's Ducky Channel from Taiwan.  It seems to have a reputation that is comparable to Filco wise.  For some reason, I really enjoy its tongue-in-cheek personality.  The demo videos such as this one for their new Mini is just funny to me.  Gotta love that end that are in all of the videos.  Hey, maybe I should see if I can try out one of their keyboards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment