Monday, June 8, 2015

Not easy to find a left-handed or ambidextrous mouse

I am right handed, but I regularly use mouse on my left hand to avoid RSI and to reduce strain on my right hand.  As it were, I am also in the market for a left-handed or ambidextrous mouse due to desk arrangement at work.  No problem right?

It's not easy I must say.  As mentioned MS or Logitech whiffed this round.  Most of the ergonomically designed mice are right handed.  Yes, there are some specialty mice that are made left-handed, but they are more expansive than a regular right handed mouse or an ambidextrous mouse.  Far more.  My left-handed work mouse has some very simple requirements, a basic 2 buttons mouse with scroll wheel and has the thumb buttons for web navigation such as backward and forward.  Simple enough right?  Wrong again.  Most ambidextrous mouse do not have the extra thumb buttons.  If they do, they are most likely for right handed use.  So, if I get those, I have to use my pinky finger to activate the buttons.  My left pinky is not exactly well positioned for such task.  Not yet at least.... If I am that desperate, I am always break out my trusty Logitech M705.   Guess what tho...  Some higher end gaming mice do.  OK, I guess I am off to see the wizard then.  This is definitely a path I did not expect to take....


No comments:

Post a Comment