Monday, June 22, 2015

SteelSeries Sensei RAW mouse impression, part 2

So far so good.  My impression of the mouse has been quite positive.  Since I don't use this mouse for gaming, but for general computing needs, I didn't need any of the fancy DPI change, but it's nice to be able to switch to a lower DPI setting for detailed work such as fine tuning and positioning graphics and things like that.  Who knew a gaming mouse feature would be useful for working on Photoshop? I also appreciate the ability to configure the mouse profile and it sticks when I take it to another machine and no need to fuss with drivers.

The mouse glides smoothly and laser tracking works quite well.  I haven't experience any strange jumps, skips or sudden acceleration.   And it's pretty light.  I would say it's about the same weight as the MS IntelliMouse Optical.  Coming from the Logitech side of the fence, most mice are light weight by comparison.  Ambidextrous buttons positioning does wonders for the buttons on right side of the mouse since I am using this left handed.  As expected, the buttons on the left side are not easy to activate because of the funny positioning of the pinkie fingers when my hand is in its normal position.  If I need those buttons, I will have to re-position my hand to gain access.  The braided mouse cord is a little rough and stiff.  So, once a while, it will catch or tangle with other wires that happens to be around.  A simple jerk motion will resolve it, but the cord seem to need some space to whip around.  The buttons are pretty light touch and clicky as it should.  They operate pretty smoothly as well.  The scroll wheel is rubberized as well, has clean discrete steps and so far does its job.

It's a pretty good mouse overall thus far.  Given my reason for getting it, which is a little bit outside of its comfort zone, it performed rather admirably.

No comments:

Post a Comment