Friday, June 12, 2015

Name is Flustered, Flustered by Topre

Yup.  Flustered is the word I would use to describe my experience with this keyboard thus far.  Matias was nervous and Topre is frustration.  I am just as sad that this is not working out thus far.  Looks like it's in the same boat as the Matias.  Then again, if I preferred this type of keyboard, I will be looking at a lot of money.  Th Cherry MX switches based keyboard are expansive already, the Topre ones are even more.  So, anyway, I will likely end this try out and the experiment soon and things are not looking good.  Just like the Matias, I love the sound, I love the key feel, the majestic way it bottoms it, but I am not loving it setting its own pace.

It doesn't allow me to change my tempo.  I can type at any velocity that my little fingers can do with other boards.  I have no issues with any other switches I have tried out thus far in turns of typing speed.  I am not a slug or a bullet train when typing, but it's like the keyboard is trying to set a fixed speed on me as much as possible.  Often it seems like it is forcing me to slow down.  This is odd because this is a super fast and reactive switch, much more than a rubber dome.  I just can't explain the feeling how it's slowing me down.  Perhaps it's the massive amount of typos I am having or the feeling that I have to treat it with a kid glove.  I just don't seem to be able to pick up the pace.  If I slow down too much, it feels like it's tapping its feet waiting for me to catch up. Blah!  Strange indeed.

Seriously, at this rate, I am thinking that I should try the uniformed weighted Topre keyboard just like my desire to test out the Matias quiet switches to give it another round.  We will see.  This is more $$$ than I anticipated.  Rubber dome or scissor switches based keyboards are suddenly not looking too bad money wise....


No comments:

Post a Comment