Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Matias quiet switch keyboard first impression

After some searches, I found a used Matias laptop quiet switch keyboard for sale.  I figure I will give the Matias switch family one more shake.  Although I think I have settled upon the Cherry MX switches family, I still want to experience other types of switches.  This is becoming a hobby of mine....

Let’s see how this keyboard behaves.  I don’t think I will have much problems with this keyboard at all.  It’s still a little less wobbly, a little smoother than the tactile one I tried.  I think the dampening bone like pad is working to reduce the jitters a little bit.  It’s still there, but not as severe that I have experienced with the tactile version.  Because the board is a laptop type, the layout is a little different.  For example, the arrow keys and the other navigation keys such as page up and down are moved and integrated to the main block.  Home and Page Up shares the same button, Fn key is needed to activate Home key.  I do use the Home key, but not as much as Page Up.  So, I am OK with this compromise.  It also has media control keys via Fn.  Not bad.  It also shares the shiny plastic covering like the Tactile one.  So, the pros and con is the same.  Now, let me spend a little more time with this keyboard and see how I like it.

2 comments:

  1. academic blogs are absolutely beneficial to supply updated academic affairs over net it truly is truely appraisable. i found one a hit instance of this fact via this blog. i'm going to use such records now. Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one. Rgb Keyboard

    ReplyDelete