Thursday, June 18, 2015

Matias quiet switch keyboard, round 2

So far, the keyboard is really quiet.  I really do think that this is one of the quietest keyboard I have used.  Most of the sounds are coming from the finger and key cap interaction.  There are some clicking sound coming out, but relatively minor.  It’s like a muted version of the brown switches.  Bottoming out makes very little sound as well.  When bottoming out, it’s a bit more like the Topre with a slight clack.  The Topre sounds is pretty unique tho and I don't think there will be anything that comes close to it.  I don’t think I will have a problem with this keyboard as long as I focus on typing.  If I start thinking about the keys actions, then the wobble and jitters will become more obvious.  However, it really is not as in my face as the tactile type.  The wobble and jitters are much more controlled this round.

So do I like this keyboard thus far?  Yup.  Let's see how it compares to the Cherry MX brown next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment