Monday, June 1, 2015

Typing on clouds....

Need to type some more on the Topre Realforce keyboard.  Man, is it different, especially with the ergonomically weight keys.  It feels almost strange, like typing in a breeze.  The key actions are lighter than the Cherry MX brown.  This is a quiet keyboard.  So, unless I am on purpose banging in it, it’s just a little clacks.  There is almost no tactile bump that I can sense.  It’s almost like typing on a rubber dome, but not quite either.  It’s like a hybrid between the MX brown and the regular rubber dome based keyboard.  The return action is rather spring like, fairly quick compared to a regular rubber dome.  Can’t exactly put my finger on it, but it’s relaxing to type on this keyboard.  The keys do clack when bottoming out, but has a lower, more baritone like note when compared to the Das Keyboard with MX switches.  It sounds more akin to a bubbling spring rather than a stony brook when typing something at a normal rate.  The keys simply don't wobble or jitter at all during a down stroke.

At first, I wasn't sure if I will like this kind of switch, but it is rapidly growing on me.  If I need to unwind, I might just sit and type something.  Indeed a very Zen like approach to typing experience.  No wonder there are a lot of passionate fans.  Opinion about this keyboard is divisive.  I am sure some will abhor it because it's feels close to a mainstream OEM rubber dome keyboard and is not worth the price tag while others look at it as an experience like no other.  Is it a bit like typing on my old MS Natural Ergo 4K?  Yes, it does remind me of it, but at the same time, it's more pleasant, more peaceful somehow.  I am slowly becoming more appreciative of its qualities while typing on this keyboard.  Man, if it wasn't so expansive, I would recommend anyone to try it as an alternative to the popular Cherry MX switches.  Is it worth its asking price compare to the market alternatives?  That's the debate I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment