Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Das Keyboard versus Microsoft Natural Ergo 4000 Keyboard, round 1

Let's see....  The media keys are there and I like the volume control knob rather than just discreet keys like a regular TV remote.  This make it feel more high-end as one typically associate a knob with Hi-Fi audio equipment.  The knob has discreet clicks and that's what registers as a keystroke.  I do miss the old dedicated calculator button on the MS board.  I do break that out once in a while to do some quick math.  The media control keys are nothing to write home about, both do the job.  My focus is mostly on the alpha-numeric keys anyway.

I kind of miss the split keyboard design, but not enough that it's causing me issues or wanting to go back the the old keyboard.  Maybe this will force me to pay more attention to my posture while typing.  I feel like I need sit more properly with the Das Keyboard than just lounge lazily with the MS natural ergo keyboard.  The MS ergo has a more relaxed presence while the Das seem to demands more attention and respect.  Despite the atmospheric difference, the MS ergo seems to take more effort and work to type while the Das just goes about its business, more of a give and take, you push first, then I will push back kind of thing.

So, for first round, I will give Das the edge.  It has made a very favorable impression with me about mechanical keyboards in general.  Now, I am really looking forward to the Rosewill RK9000V2 with the Cherry MX blue switches.  I believe I will like the tactile clicky feel.  Let's find out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment