Tuesday, May 12, 2015

So this is how a mechanical keyboard feels like while typing...

Cool.  Very cool!  Good ol' plug and play works.  No need to install anything fancy.  Windows recognize it as plain HID Keyboard Device with no fancy foot work necessary.  Just how I like it.  So, let me fire up MS Word and see how it types.

My first impression is that the keys are bit more resistant and springs back as soon as the strike has completed.  I can hardly feel the tactile bump as I press the keys.  It's there, but rather subtle.  It's fairly smooth going down to the bottom once I get past the minor bump.  There is just a faint sound as I go past the tactile bump as advertised.  There is little or no hints of spring wobble that I feared.  I do feel the bump as I type, but it doesn't get in the way per se.  I was trained with a traditional mechanical type writer, rather than an electric one, so bottoming out while I type is just how it is.  The keyboard makes a satisfying clack as I bottom out.  Indeed more of a clack rather than a little thud like the my old MS Natural Ergo 4K keyboard.  The sounds it produces while I type is just as in those YouTube videos.  Not too intrusive and gives a pleasant auditory feedback for each keystroke.  The board itself is very stable.  I don't feel rattling or sliding and gives me a very stable feeling.  I like that.  The board almost invites me to type faster, but I am just started the warm up lap.  Give me a little time and we will see how fast this one can go.  Hehehe....

So far, so good.  I like what I see or feel so far.  Let's give it a more time time and see how it compares to my old buddy, the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 next.

No comments:

Post a Comment