Saturday, May 16, 2015

More than just about the switches

My initial impressions of the key switches turn out to be intertwined withe construction of the keyboards themselves.  Keyboard construction and design makes a big difference for me.  So, to perform a fair comparison among the switches, I guess I will have to control as many variables as possible.  Of course, sometimes certain switches are not available in the exact same design, but I will just have to deal with it.  So, to give the Cherry MX blue switches board a fair shake against the current favorite brown switches board, I guess I will have to get another Das Keyboard someday.

Again, given the choice, I prefer the construction of the Das Keyboard 4 Professional design.  Someone might find the Rosewill design and build to be what they prefer because it's more compact and it is the standard Filco layout.  I have nothing against that, I just prefer the Das Keyboard at this time.  Who knows, I might end up liking a Filco with blue switches more than a Das Keyboard with brown switches later on after spending some more time with each unit.  So, it's about the whole package.  The switches do make a difference, but there are other factors in play as well.  This is going to be interesting for me to evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment