Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Thinking about the scissor switches based keyboard

Most scissor switch based keyboard are laptop ones, but one can begin to see its presence in the desktop keyboards.  This type of switch is made famous by Lenovo and Apple's keyboard since the introduction of the aluminium case Macbook Pro and iMac lines.  Recently Apple improved the design as a butterfly switch, but the concept is the same.  The activation mechanism is still rubber dome, but with a new support structure to slow down the dome collapse during activation.

Previously, I mentioned that Microsoft has put out another split ergonomic keyboard.  Yes, it's a scissor switched based, which I am not surprised, as they are what's in popular these days.  Tech Report has something positive to say about it as well.  So, I figure I will give it a try and see what happens.  I didn't miss the split keyboard design as much I thought either.  Then again, I usually go back to the regular setup just about every day.  So, I have gotten used to the change.  Well, let's give it another whirl for old time sake.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment