Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Doh! Just can't resist trying out Topre Realforce keyboard huh?

I spotted a Topre Realforce 104U keyboard for sale.  So, I just can't resist since those boards are expansive and difficult to find.  So, I decided to get one and see that the hype is all about.  As I understand it, this type of switch is a kind of a hybrid between a spring based switch and the rubber dome, as it has components from each kind.  So, in theory, it has the advantages of both and chances are, so are the disadvantages inherent to both.  Fans of the switch simply will not consider any other type while detractors feel that the switch is nothing but a glorified rubber dome that is 10 times more expansive than what it should have been.

OK then, I guess I will just have to see it for myself.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment