Thursday, May 14, 2015

Why is there a canary bird in my keyboard?

Whoa!  Talk about chippery sound coming from the Cherry MX blue key switches.  For a second I thought a bird got into the keyboard or something.  Yeah, I seen the YouTube videos and heard the sound samples, but I wasn't ready for this surprise.  The key action is pretty clicky with a defined tactile bump and sound.  The chirping seems to come when I bottom out, but I am not 100% certain that it is the case unless I do a video recording analysis to be certain.  Compared to the Cherry MX brown switches, this one feels more springy and bouncy.  The tactile feedback is much greater than the brown.  So, one is pretty sure that the keys are pressed before bottoming out.

Wow, the sound....  The volume is little more than I have anticipated.  Is it unbearable?  No for me, but I can imagine the high pitch key strikes can drive someone crazy.  Do I find it pleasant?  Somewhat, but I kind of like the understated tone of the brown switches on the Das Keyboard more.  The Rosewill just seem a little chatty to me.  The key action is rather pleasant for a traditional type like me.  I feel a little shaky while typing at my regular speed, however.  I find the keyboard a little cramped somehow.  Maybe the keyboard size didn't offer enough space or something.  I feel more up close to it.  The key base feels solid and no wobble or wiggle.

So far, I like the Cherry MX brown switches more, which is a bit of a surprise to myself.  I thought I would really eat up the blue switches, but it appears not to be the case.  Let me give it a few more rounds and see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment