Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cherry MX blue versus brown switches round 2

OK, now I have spent a bit more time with both kind of switches, I can sense that I do prefer one type over another.  However, I think I will end up keeping both and use the boards for different purposes.  I am pretty sure that I will keep the Das Keyboard 4 Pro with the brown switches.  It's easy to type, slightly tactile and very stable.  I am glad that tried it out.

For the blue switch version, I might just take this to work where the noise will be drowned out by the commotions around me.  I honestly thought that I would have like this switches more, but as they say, don't know till one tries it.  Now I know that I probably preferred a quieter switch subconsciously.  Still, I am not going to give up on my quest for a clicky switch as I definitely enjoy the click action.  I might try out the Matias/ALPS kind just to see if that will work for me.

So, we have a winner for my mechanical keyboard tryout thus far, it's Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry MX brown switches.  The runner-up is the Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry MX blue switches.  However, the champion won't be able to rest upon its laurels, I still want to try out different switches, including scissor switches with a split ergonomic design.  So, the journey continues.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment