Friday, May 29, 2015

My ideal clicky switch thus far

After trying out the Matias Tactile Pro keyboard for some time, I have come to think that neither the blue or the Matias tactile are my ideal tactile clicky switch.  If I have my way, it will be based on the Matias tactile switch with the stability of the Cherry MX blue and without the high pitched chatter.  I would keep the spring sound and action, but dampen it down a bit and strip out the wobble.  The wobble I think was what really bugged me.  Hmmm...  Am I describing the Matias quiet switch?

I am bit gun shy right now with Matias ALPS switch designs because of the wobble issues I encountered.  However, maybe the impact dampening will decrease the jitters to a tolerable level as well.  So, I am willing to give the Matias quiet switch a chance and see.  Let's see if I catch one on sale somewhere....


No comments:

Post a Comment