Friday, May 15, 2015

Wrist rest pad differences

I finally purchased another keyboard wrist rest pad.  Since I already have a Fellowes one, I figure I will get another one for work.  The local office supply store didn't have a 3M or a Fellowes gel wrist rest.  So, I took a chance a got a generic (might be house brand) memory foam wrist rest pad.  The pad is obviously thinner both in thickness and in the width.

Surprisingly with these small changes to save a few pennies on material cost, the feel is drastically different from my trusty old Fellowes wrist rest.  I have no issue with the memory foam change.  However, the changes in dimensions made a huge difference.  Yes, I will admit that cheaping out was a mistake.  The generic pad is less than useless to me.  It not only not serve its intended function, it irritates me.  I have tried various ways to accommodate the wrist pad.  The only thing it makes me do is getting mad.  Lesson learned.  Time to pony up for a well made wrist rest pad.  I feel like I just flushed $10 down the toilet. Besides, it smells plastic-icky.  Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment