Thursday, May 14, 2015

No, it's me, not you, really. Maybe time to try another Cherry MX blue keyboard.

Given my positive experience with the Cherry MX brown switches, I am rather surprised that I the blue switches didn't take over as my #1 choice once I got my hands on it.  I have always projected that I would prefer the classic clicky, tactile feeling and take me back to the 80s kind of thing.  You know what, that didn't happen.

Perhaps it's the keyboard construction itself.  Maybe.  Or that I was just too taken by my experience with the brown switches and so now it's difficult to fairly evaluate other types of switches.  Or I am just too used to a large keyboard with built-in wrist pad.  This time, I am also struggling with spacing and hand placement.  Something just didn't fit.  I don't wish to blame on the Rosewill board, it's a tried and true design.  Some of the best keyboards are based on such minimalist approach.  It's just not speaking to me at the moment.  OK, maybe I will try a wrist pad and see if that will help.  In the meantime, let me hunt down another blue switch keyboard bargain that I can test out my theory.  Better yet, perhaps another Das Keyboard 4 Professional with blue switches.  Hey. the refurbs are still on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment