Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Microsoft is not standing still either with regard to keyboard designs

Well, I must say that I like mechanical keyboards more than I thought I would compared to the rubber dome type.  However, the world of technology doesn't really stand still.  So, I figure that I should check out what Microsoft has been cooking up lately since I last checked.

Ah...  So, they have taken the Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard and changed it up a little bit as the new Sculpted Ergonomic Desktop.  There is another one, the Sculpted Comfort Desktop that looks like had some non-traditional design as well.  I think one can get the mouse and the keyboard separately.  I might examine the comfort one more closely later on.  I am mainly interested in the split ergo keyboard at the moment.  Looks like they are going for the ten-keyless design by separating the numerical key pad out as a separate entity, but the pad is included in the package.  So, one doesn't lose the keys all together or have to pay the pad separately.  Nice.  The whole setup is wireless, which is rather in vogue these days.  The wireless USB receiver is just like Logitech's nano design.

Wow!  We have come a long way since last time I looked at wireless keyboards.  The last one I had was a MS Wireless Multimedia Keyboard or something like that and the wireless USB receiver is more or less the size of a a hockey pock.  I gave up on wireless keyboard a long while ago because of battery drainage and reception issues.  However, I had recent and good experience with Logitech's Marathon M705 mouse that is paired to my laptop computer.  So, maybe I will give the Sculpted Ergo keyboard a try and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment