Monday, May 18, 2015

Typing up a wall of text to test the keyboards....

I think I am getting more used to the blue switches now.  The context change as I hop from one keyboard to another can be a bit jarring.  So, now it's time to do some long term testing as a setup in a particular environment.  The blue switches will go to the office environment since the ambient noise will likely drown out the clicky noise somewhat.  The noise factor could be a what lowered my affinity.  On the other hand, at home, the brown switches will be placed since I know that its noise will not bother me as much as the blue one.

Indeed the feeling of using the Das Keyboard and the Rosewill RK9000V2 is different even though they are both Cherry MX blue switches.  Das keyboard is just more compatible with me.  It does take more room and cost a little more.  Since I got a refurb version, the difference is not as great as the retail price suggests.  The refurb feels almost new.  I haven't detected any hints that the keyboard was abused.  Certainly, I can see from the key caps that someone else had used it before, likely went through a similar audition process that I am going through.  However, the condition is new enough that I don't think it bothers me.  I am likely to keep this one anyway.

So, let the long term shake out test begin.  Maybe I will change my mind again.  Who knows.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment