Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Das Keyboard versus Microsoft Natural Ergo 4000 Keyboard, round 2

Side by side, the size difference is clear.  The MS Natural Ergo is a bigger keyboard with a built in wrist pad.  So, time to break out the old Fellowes gel wrist rest pad that I had from long time ago for the Das Keyboard.  Hey, the gel is still there.  I thought it might have hardened.  I guess I don't have to get a new one.  Yeah!  This thing is like from 10 years ago or more.  I am glad to see that it held up quite well.  A little worn, but still serviceable.  Good enough for me.

The MS 4K came with a stand that will tilt the keyboard in the negative angle so that the hands are bend downwards when resting on the keyboard, like one would if using a Kinesis Advantage keyboard.  I never tried it, instead, I have always used the feet to tilt the board toward me.  I have heard that it's not a good idea.  Oh well.  Live and learn.  Since Das Keyboard's tilt using the ruler is not steep, I will see how this lower tilt changes thing for me.  Anyhow, I am growing to like the mechanical key actions more compared to the older rubber dome based key switches.

So, aside from the ergonomic split design, I don't miss the old keyboard as much I thought I might.  Since I use the standard keyboard often elsewhere, there is very little adaption curve for me to move over to the Das Keyboard layout.  Time to retire the old MS Natural Keyboard I guess.  It has served me well through out the years.  Time to find it a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment