Thursday, May 14, 2015

Rosewill RK9000V2 first impression

Finally got my Rosewill RK9000V2 keyboard from Newegg.  This one took a long route to get here, but it's here now.  The box wasn't as "handled" as the Das Keyboard box.  Once I get the board out, upon first glance, it's a smaller keyboard than I have imagined, since I am used to keyboard with large foot prints.  The Das Keyboard is large because of the extra space devoted to the top cover borders and the brand logo.  I suppose the Rosewill is about as small as one can  reasonably get with a standard size, 104 keys arrangement.  It's got a weighty feel, similar to Das Keyboard.  I don't think this one will slide around much either.  Good.

Unlike the Das Keyboard, the plate of the keyboard is visible because Rosewill elected to paint it red, it's logo color.  It brings an interesting aesthetic accent to the otherwise plain, black and white board.  The USB cable can be detached for transportation or storage purposes.  I can't think of a use case for me to have a detachable keyboard cable unless one changes keyboards frequently.  Then again, I tend to leave things where they are once I decided.  For someone else, that would be a deal maker or breaker.  I am waiting to see if I can find a mouse with detachable USB cable...  (wireless ones don't count!)  ;)

OK, let's plug it in and see how it performs.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment