Saturday, May 30, 2015

Rosewill RK9000V2 versus Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard

Time for another comparison test.  I am lining up the Rosewill RK9000V2 with Cherry MX blue switches against Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard that I just received.  The Rosewill is not bad at all, just compared to the Das Keyboard, it pales in comparison.  I wonder if Filco board, which is also made by CoStar ,will be better or about the same.  Rosewill shares the same OEM.  Very curious now....  Since I knew that Das Keyboard provide a more stable platform, I want to see if the Rosewill is a closer comparison to the Matias Tactile Pro when comparing the switches.

After spending some quality time with Matias tactile switches, I switch back to the Rosewill to do a quick compare and contrast.  I just did a quick typing with Rosewill board and I don't feel the wobble.  It's just more assuring to get that feeling back.  So, it's likely that I will prefer the Cherry MX blue switches over the Matias tactile ones.  Yup.  I am just more comfortable with the Cherry MX switch designs I suppose.  The travel feels fine, it doesn't feel as defined as the Matias'.  I do think that the high pitch sound may one day get on my nerve.  For now, not yet.  So, I will take it.  Since I really like the brown switches, that's what might be biasing my preference toward the blue switches when comparing to the Matias one.  The Matias is just too jumpy, a bit too eager.  I am certain that a lot of people will like this kind of keyboard.  The feeling is more whimsical, perky and free.  I am the kind that need my feet to the ground, thank you very much!  Unfortunately, the Matias is just not my cup of tea.  Oh well....  I guess I won't know till I try one, right?  That's the entire point of the exercise and experiment.  It's a negative result for me, but very informative.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment