Thursday, May 28, 2015

Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard typing impression, part 2

Yeah, I am still not convinced that Matias switch is a winner for me; it's the same deal for Cherry MX blue.  So far, the favorite is Cherry MX brown, which I really like.  However, I wonder how much of that is because of the stability of the Das Keyboard design rather than the switch itself.  I am pretty sure that the overall board design and construction also factor into the feel of the keyboard.  However, the overall package is not coming together to convey a sense of stability.

So, I guess we will see how it goes after a couple more runs.  Matias tactile switches are not bad, just that I wish it is more stable.  I will likely really like it if it feels more solid.  That's just me, I guess.  I love the spring click feedback, the sound and the clack, but just not loving the key wobble.  The keystroke when bottoms out action is crispy and very defined.  However, its restoration action feels just a bit too bouncy.  Maybe their quiet key switches would do the trick for me.  I like it more when I type faster and makes me forget about the wobble.  Blah!  Just can't get over it once I start thinking about it.  I want to like it,  I really do.  However, I just can't make that leap yet I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment